|отклоняться от своего пути
• A shock wave is deflected from its line of travel as it emerges from a material of certain density into ...
• The transformer was taken out of service.
• The automatic feed can be disengaged for manual operation.
• Disconnect the amplifier-output plug.
• Unplug the connecting ...
• The rheostat is cut out of the circuit as the motor approaches full speed.
• The transformer is automatically disconnected from the supply during the idling periods.
• It is assumed that eucrites are fragments spalled from smaller bodies in the asteroid belt.
• Boiler pressure pushes the valve open.
• This offers (considerable) scope for further improvements.
• The addition of silver offers (strong) possibilities of providing alloys with ...
• These transistors open up ...
открывать новую эру
• That was an opening shot in a new chapter of space exploration.
• The construction of an atomic clock opened (up) a new era (or chapter) in the study of ...
открывать новые возможности для
• The application of the shock tube techniques to the investigation of this reaction has opened up fresh opportunities (or new avenues) for detailed study.
• The sealant opens ...
открывать новые пути
• The search for new silicon controlled rectifiers has opened up brand new vistas for the entire industry.
• The unprecedented heating capability of high-power pulsed lasers ...
открывать путь к
• Synthetic chemistry will open (up) the way to (or for) the development of ...
• In recent years neurophysiologists have made some important experimental findings (or discoveries).
• When preparing zinc electrolytes, smoking and carrying naked flames is forbidden.
. без герметической оболочки
• The quasars uncovered (or discovered) in the survey are ...
• They could not tell from whence their dangers came.
• From where can such an immense amount of gas come?
• How do we know all this?
• Whence came life on the surface of ...
откуда следует, что
• The effect exerted upon ... will be proportional to ... ; whence it follows that ...
• In this workshop molten metals are cast into the required shapes.
• This is a patented method of producing high-quality castings in bronze, gun metal, etc.
отлитый заодно с
• A slab cast integrally with a concrete beam is assumed to assist the beam in carrying loads.
• We had a model of the water passage-way cast in plaster.
• We must be able to distinguish between elastically and inelastically scattered electrons.
• Bromine can be distinguished by the following facts: ...
отличать друг от друга
• One can easily tell the cars apart.
• The proton and the neutron can be distinguished by their differing electric charges.
. нельзя отличить от; следует отличать от
• What differentiates animals plants?
• The measuring instrument cannot differentiate (or ...
• These materials can be distinguished by their crystal form.
• Titanium is noted for its light weight, corrosion resistance, and many other desirable properties.
• The surfaces are characterized by their smooth appearance.
отличаться друг от друга
• The two figures diverged considerably.
• These products vary in size and value.
• Two signals applied to the phase detector will differ (from one another) by this phase ...
• Compass headings differ from true headings by compass error.
отличаться от других
• The drive mechanisms of these conveyors are distinctive, especially their large pulleys.
отличаться от него
• In spite of the eucrites' resemblance to terrestrial basalts they are distinctive in several respects.
. мало отличаться по
• The input signal and the feedback differ in (or as to) phase.
• These circuits differ according to their purpose and function.
• The ...
отличаться по внешнему виду от
• The absorption bands in Titan's infrared spectrum have an appearance different (or differ in appearance) from that of ...
отличаться тем, что
• This method differs from the above in that it commences with the shock Mach number.
• This solution differs in (the fact) that only certain amounts of vibrational energy are ...
см. в отличие от; в противоположность; расхождение с
• The early atmosphere's complete dissimilarity from that of today ...
• By its variation from unity the activity coefficient shows the nonideality of the solution.
• The distinctive property (or feature) of calculators is that ...
• This semi-permeability is the characteristic property of ...
• A distinguishing feature of this ...
. прекрасно согласовываться с
• Fine pole chucks excel at holding this part.
. в отличном состоянии
• The modern mechanical feed unit provides the ultimate in smooth, uniform feed action.
• Top performance ...
• The first-rate (or ...
• The products of the reaction may have a different distribution than the original substances.
• The numerical value will be something other than 1.0.
• The chemical ...
отличный от других
• There are some dozens of lipids, each with its distinctive (or unique, or peculiar) chemical pattern.
отличный от нуля
• Different (or Distinct) from zero (or Nonzero).
• The first term not being zero, ...
• As this topic will be reviewed again in Sec. 5, we shall defer (or postpone, or put off) our discussion until then.
• This system of measurement has been abandoned.
• Orders for 55 nuclear plants have been cancelled.
• A specified amount of water is measured out in the measuring cylinder.
• A rope with markers at every foot ...
. на высоте
• A meter is the distance between two scribe marks on a platinum bar which ...
• The crane was placed at ...
. важно отметить, что; интересно отметить, что; как отмечено выше; как указано; необходимо ...
• The author pointed out that a wave of zero velocity must be regarded as ingoing.
• As discussed (or noted, or mentioned) below, ...
• Excessive vibration was noted (or noticed) in the suction line.
• At this stage the first significant changes in ...
. относить к
• Many molecules can be related by chemical and physical investigations to substances whose structures have already been determined.
• Basin and ...
• This facilitates the assignment of loci to particular chromosomes.
• Referring plate motions to the volcanic hot spots makes sense only if ...
• Drag opposes the motion of the body and robs it of (or takes away) some of its energy.
• The spectral lines attributed to the high velocities of ... are being measured.
. довольно; сравнительно
• Relatively high values of are attained.
. в отношении; колебаться относительно; ...
относить за счёт
. объяснять; приписывать
• Many bands can be assigned to the vibration of particular chemical groups.
• The observed HCl absorption can be assigned to ...
• It is possible to assign each electron to a particular group according to the kind of interaction it has experienced.
• This plant has ...
. все, кого это касается; к ним относится; касаться; не относящийся к; охватывать; падать на; ...
относиться к категории
• All of these devices come under the heading of digital computers.
• Many practical problems fall in this category.
• Many different mineral and organic substances qualify ...
относиться к области
• All these questions fall within the realms (or domains) of analytical chemistry.
. связанный с
• The determinant Δ associated with the matrix should be zero.
• Standards pertaining (or relevant) to radio frequencies ...
• Aeronautics is the ...
относящийся к нему
USAGE: относящийся к нему (ним)
• The landing gear and all the related instruments ...
• The chambers and the associated amplifiers ...
• Television ...
см. в других отношениях; в количественном отношении; в некоторых отношениях; в одном и другом ...
отношение ... к
• Ratio between room-temperature and 500° resistivities is 2.52 for silver, 2.71 for gold and 2.9 for copper.
• The ratio of height to diameter is extremely low.
• The ...
• But it is not only alcohol; far from it.
• This operation maps onto a curve .
• The region can be mapped onto a disk.
• This constitutes a mapping of the space upon (or into) itself which maps a figure ...
отодвигать на задний план
• After the war the acetone-ethanol fermentation was relegated to the background.
• The high power-handling ability of these devices overshadows their frequency limitations.
• The coordinate x° will be identified with the time .
• We solve the problem by identifying the time origin with the moment of collision.
• Anthracite is used mainly for domestic heating (or house-heating).
• The reactor and the steam generator will provide 7 million Btu per hour for space heating.
• Under such conditions the scientist will be divorced from the practical problems.
• The outermost electron is no longer merely excited but is torn loose from the atom ...
• In nonstandard analysis one takes as the starting point the finite real numbers.
• The starting point for the development of this relationship is ...
• A special spanner is provided to allow the nut to be loosened without removing the nozzle.
• Slack off the locknut.
отпускать на пол-оборота
• The absorption chamber has a screw plug which, when backed off a half turn, serves as a vent.
• The coefficient accounts for the heat conducting ability of a substance.
• These formulas do not take account of (or do not take into account, or do not make allowance for) ...
• The real process is well represented by this equation.
• The relative strength of ionic and covalent bonds (is) reflected in a number of properties.
. влиять на; не влиять на; немедленно отразиться на; отрицательно влиять на
• The results may reflect on the ...
отражаться на внешнем виде
• The silicon content is reflected in the way the rock appears to the eye (or in the external appearance of the rock).
• The core path reflects (or is reflected) from the interface.
• The shock wave reflects at the end-wall.
• The laser beam bounces from the cone to ...
• The NMR spectrum is a portrayal (or reflection) of ...
• They work in different segments (or branches) of the aviation industry.
• This procedure is essential to every area (or branch, or domain) of chemistry and ...
• During the assembly the end-plates must be adjusted so that ...
• The effect of ... would be to cut off the supply of carbonaceous material for ...
• Cap the opening with short length of rubber tubing.
отрицательно влиять на
. неблагоприятно влиять на
• Such generators are adversely affected by wide temperature changes.
• This permits an unusual amount of contaminant to be ...
отрицательное влияние на
• Increasing boiling point elevation has (or exerts) a detrimental (or adverse) effect on the product rate [or (adversely) affects, or impairs the product rate].
отрицательное действие на
• Increasing boiling point elevation has (or exerts) a detrimental (or adverse) effect on the product rate [or (adversely) affects, or impairs the product rate].
. отделение ... от
• Hydrogen abstraction (or Abstraction of hydrogen) propane ...
• After formation and release, single drops soon reach their terminal velocity.
• The detachment (or abstraction, or removal) of the (outermost) electron ...
• The capillary is tapped (постукивать) every seven seconds to detach the drop.
• The energy required to remove (or detach, or abstract) an electron an atom (or to ...
отрывать атом от
• Free radicals break the atoms loose (or tear the atoms away, or abstract the atoms) from their covalent bonds, ...
отрывать электроны от
• When X rays pass through tissue, they ionize atoms in it by removing electrons from them.
• The radiation strips electrons off the nuclei of atoms.
• The bubble is released (or detached) when the buoyant force just overcomes the surface tension.
• The vibrational energy of the atoms is so great that they begin to break ...
• This kind of information must often be estimated from fragmentary data.
отрывочные сведения о
• Prior to 1915 most so-called chemical engineering curricula combined purely descriptive courses in industrial chemistry with smatterings of mechanical, electrical, and civil ...
• The difference between blowing the dust around and vacuuming it off ...
• The dust is sucked (or drawn) off and discharged.
• Examination of fluorescence emission only within a narrow time window involves throwing away most of the spectroscopic information generated by ...
• The length of the normal cut off by the -axis ...
• The portion AB intercepted on the -axis by the two characteristics ...
• The part of the line intercepted by the ...
• If you lop off the first 3 integers, the series still remains endless.
• The supply regulators chip the peaks off the sinusoidal waveform, giving each half cycle a ...
• The electrons repeatedly bounce off moving magnetic clouds that act as magnetic mirrors.
• Some of the particles bounced back from the foil.
• Exfoliation is the flaking off of the outer layer of a specimen. It is also referred to as peeling or spalling.
• The country has been falling behind in research since the 1930s.
• The steady-state response lags behind the zero-inertia response by the following value: ...
. не отставать от
• This coating breaks away from machine surfaces.
• Techniques for determining costs have not kept pace with changes in manufacturing.
см. отстоять друг от друга на расстоянии; далеко отстоять друг от друга; отстоять на ... ...
• The ice margins receded toward the central highland areas.
• Then the seas would recede from the continents.
. в присутствии и в отсутствие; ввиду отсутствия; за отсутствием; при отсутствии
• Coherent scattering ...
. не иметь; не обладать; нет; опущен в
• These dispersions were free from coarse aggregates.
• The new bottles are free of cracks.
• Tree and shrub strata are absent from some communities, for instance, the grassland.
• Infinities were absent in Feynman diagrams.
• The parent peak is often missing from ...
• These metals offer advantages not found in single metals.
• One can use the entire 360 degrees of the compass, counted clockwise.
• These angles are measured (or reckoned) from .
• Yellow patches appear on the leaves, and mottled areas turn brown and dry out.
. начиная отсюда
• Power canals are placed on minimum grade to conserve head, hence (or thus, or therefore) velocities are usually lower.
отсюда видно, что
• The states formed from the t2g2 configuration are thus seen to be A1g, Eg, T1g, and T2g.
отсюда следует, что
. из этого вытекает, что
• It follows (herefrom) (or Hence it follows) that the molecule must have six degrees of freedom.
• These paint particles are repelled from the other atomizing head.
см. иметь различные оттенки от ... до
• The advancing cosmic jet must push the matter out of the way.
• Output from the detector is fed into a cathode follower and thence through a clipping network.
• The flow is filtered for graphite dust and iron oxide.
• Such stray signals cannot be filtered off (or out).
• He filtered off the sediment.
• Immediately after completing the reading the micrometer screw backs off automatically to clear the workpiece.
• Owing to compression of the oil in the chamber during the ...
• In many cases branch pipes off the main stream pipe are required to carry a reduced pressure.
• The final thickness of the extruded product depends in part (or partly, or to some extent, or to a degree) upon the speed of the conveyor.
• This reaction may be visualized as the splitting out of H2O.
• A molecule of water is split out when a peptide bond is formed.
• A depth gauge with an adjustable stop automatically disengages the power feed when preset drilling depth has been reached.
• The cohesive energy in solids may be defined as the difference between ...
• The third era of electrical engineering can be classified as the era of engineering research.
. относиться к
• We have assumed that covalent bonds encompass only two atoms.
• Floods never engulf an entire continent.
• This curve encloses the same area as ...
охватывать область от ... до
• The emission spectrum roughly defines the tunability range, which spans approximately 570-650 nm for rhodamine 6.
• Allow the part to cool (or Cool the part).
• The material is heated and then allowed to cool in still air at room temperature.
• Liquid nitrogen chills bearing components ...
• Liquid water can be cooled below its freezing point.
• It is most practical to chill the gas below 60°F.
• As the vapour is chilled it again condenses onto the surface.
• This allows the welding set to cool down rapidly.
• The palladium was allowed to cool in the gas.
охотно реагировать с
• Formaldehyde molecules react readily (or avidly, or briskly) with each other.
• These bonds are susceptible to reaction with electron-deficient reagents.
• Conventional caulking materials embrittle and lose bond in ...
• It is necessary carefully to assess those factors which ...
• To make an estimate of the maximum conversion of ...
• In order to evaluate these ...
. определение; осторожная оценка; приближённая оценка
• An initial appraisal (or assessment) of the magnitude of this ...
• Clearly (or Obviously) saturation will occur only for ...
• It is apparent (or obvious) that such stress can have major consequences.
• Evidently (or It is evident that ...
• The advantages of lasers are (so) apparent (or evident, or compelling) that they have almost completely replaced ...
очень близкий к
. весьма аналогичный
• The community includes the five species at depths much like those they occupy in ...
• The gas-pressure curve would be very nearly ...
очень близок к
• The molar percent of the purine adenine is closely matched by that of the pyrimidine thymine.
• It is of first importance that the alignment of piston, rod and compressor is absolutely true.
• Of prime (or singular, or paramount, or critical, or fundamental, or vital) ...
очень важно для
• This is crucial (or quite important) for the purposes of the present article.
. исключительно важный; решающее значение
• Porosity is a property of great importance (or significance) in petroleum geology.
• It is a very simple matter (or It is very easy) to construct this curve.
• An operator with (very) wide experience and skill ...
• This passage gives us a strong clue to (or is very helpful in) understanding where the meaning of language really resides.
• Machining large complex parts like ship screws is a slow, arduous task for any machine shop.
• Such stars would be highly luminous (or very bright).