• The take-up (or absorption) of oxygen by the plants ...
• There should be air-conditioned cooling so that there will be a minimum of moisture pick-up by the material.
• Only a small fraction of the water taken up by the roots serves as a reactant in photosynthesis.
см. в пределах ошибки эксперимента; вносить ошибку в; инструментальная погрешность; ...
• The geothermal gradient is measured by a probe dropped into the soft sediment.
• The components are dipped in (or into) molten metal and ...
• The container may be immersed in cold water.
• The test specimens were submerged in the solution.
• The ...
• The pump mechanism is entirely immersed (or submerged) in oil.
• The metal electrode dips (or is dipped) into a solution containing ions of the metal.
• Neither on this dive, nor on others ... (of frogmen).
• They regretted the brevity of their plunge (in a bathyscaphe).
• The record submersion (or submergence) (of a ...
• This is accomplished by dipping the part in a two-layer liquid.
• The coatings are obtained by immersing the part to be coated in ...
• The lowest temperature was ...
• The steel cylinder lies beneath an electrostatic field.
• A tray is fitted underneath (or below, or under) the electrodes for storage of unheated rivets.
• The region ...
под ... подразумевается
• By a region or domain is meant an open connected point set .
• This is considered to mean distortion produced by ...
• The term landslide is often ...
. плавиться под вакуумом
• The melting was carried out under vacuum.
• The stripper operates under a slight vacuum.
. под действием
• The device changes resistance in response to (or under the effect of) light.
• Electric charges move in response to electric fields.
• The rocket is launched underwater.
• The degree of further development is open to question because of increasing technological difficulties.
• The tap shank has a square end to accommodate (or receive, or fit) a tap wrench.
. находиться под давлением
• The calorimeter is filled with oxygen under a pressure of ...
• The molten metal is injected into moulds under pressure. ...
. находиться под действием; находящийся под действием разрывного усилия; под влиянием
• Lead (II) ...
под действием силы тяжести
. под действием собственного веса; самотёком
• The incline is insufficient to cause the bogey to run away under gravity.
• Flow occurs ...
под действием собственного веса
• The material flows by gravity.
• The concrete is forced down the vertical pipe by gravity.
• Fresh water is gravity fed to the whirlpool casing.
• This permits gravity ...
• The material is drilled and punched to receive (or fit, or accommodate, or suit the size of) the rivet.
• The miners spend their working days belowground.
• A few locomotives were used underground.
• The screw cap is milled to an octagon at the top to receive a box wrench.
см. для сдачи " под ключ"
• The composition of the crust beneath (or under) the continents ...
. в микроскоп; изучение под микроскопом
• Examining samples of his own white blood cells under the microscope, he noticed that ...
• When the engine operates under load, ...
• Under a load of 100 g applied for 5 seconds ...
. быть известным под названием; известный под названием
• This mineral is also known by (or under) the name orthite.
• Most plastics tend to lose tensile strength under irradiation.
• Under radiation, most metals become harder and stronger.
под острым углом
USAGE: под острым (антон. тупым) углом
• Nonuniform bending can be induced by placing the strips at an acute (антон. obtuse) angle.
под прямым углом
• This permits transmission of power from the shaft to the axle at a right angle.
• The set of electrodes is located at right angles to the field.
• The discussion is being organized by our Institution under the aegis of the Ministry.
• Geiger worked under the direction (or supervision) of Lord Rutherford.
под тупым углом
USAGE: под острым (антон. тупым) углом
• Nonuniform bending can be induced by placing the strips at an acute (антон. obtuse) angle.
. видеть ... под углом; направлен под углом
• The screws are inserted at an angle.
• The film normal is tilted at an angle to the X-ray ...
под углом зрения
. в свете; с точки зрения
• Observations are made at viewing angles of 10 degrees.
• The trains are started, operated, and stopped under the control of a computer.
• The International Committee for Future Accelerators operates under the aegis of UPAP.
. в ... подаётся
• The drum from which wire is fed during winding ...
• The air is conducted to the tool through a hose.
• Conveyors have been erected to convey ...
. под действием собственного веса
• The catalyst is fed by gravity into a regeneration vessel.
• Power from the four generators is delivered to the main bus.
• The filter cleans the fuel before it enters the engines.
• The output from the ...
• The resistance of the material quickly suppresses the eddy currents.
• With its massive frame, the machine dampens vibration and runs smoothly.
• The mechanical hysteresis damping holds the vibrations in check.
. в основном
• The great bulk of these deposits consists of the sulphate of calcium.
• (By far) the majority [or The vast (or great, or overwhelming) majority] of ...
• In sum(mary) (or To sum up, or To summarize) groups I and IV members are well known, those of group III are reasonably well determined, but ...
• To summarize: The ...
• Off-axis loads subject a column to combined bending.
подвергать действию света
• The cells were exposed to light.
• The number of free electrons in a semiconductor can be greatly increased by heating or shining light upon it.
• As these methods are put to the test, ...
• It is desirable to undertake explorations to test this theory.
• To check (or verify) the results, ...
• The validity of the maxima is questioned by some authors.
• Some investigators have cast doubt on (or questioned) this finding.
• If a piece of steel is subjected to pounding (or a blow, or an impact) ...
. испытывать; претерпевать
• The star may go through a series of contractions.
• Platform strata deposited in earlier periods were subject(ed) to ...
. испытывать воздействие
• The sample is exposed to a laser pulse.
• A unit positive charge experiences a force equal to ...
• While the needle is ...
. подвергаться воздействию
• When the molecules are subjected to a magnetic field ...
• The entire earth is subject to the force of gravity.
• The two kinds of polymer differed markedly in the amount of wear they sustained.
• The gaskets were subjected to this test.
• The unit is under test (or is being tested).
• If the tube is work hardened (or cold worked, or strain hardened), anneal it first.
• The concrete at the base of the dam will undergo (or will be subjected to) minor temperature strains.
• To obtain the best lift/drag ratio without running into the danger of flow breakdowns, ...
• The authenticity of these data is open (or subjected) to question (or is in doubt).
• The behaviour of columns under inelastic stress depends on ...
• This gel has been exposed to hydrolysis.
. весьма подвержен
• The soft-metal threads are prone to stripping.
• Hard faces are prone to thermal shock if they ...
• The product is liable to distort ...
• Air is acted upon by gravity, like all matter.
• Many patients are not exposed to these side-effects.
• The pins, being unstressed, are less prone (or subject, or liable) to corrosion.
• Our compasses today are subject to the same inherent errors as ...
• The alkyl mercurials attack the brain cells which are particularly susceptible to injury by this form of mercury.
• Susceptibility to progressive failure is called fatigue.
• Two metal spheres are suspended from threads.
• The float is suspended (up)on a flexible pendant from a valve and rod.
• The platform is suspended from the ceiling by ...
• The reactor is suspended over the cooling pond.
• Aerials are usually suspended on buildings, towers, or poles.
• In drilling oil wells a cutting tool is suspended on a wire line.
• The chip was suspended by wires.
. подача тепла
• The heat input must all appear as ...
• The required input and output connections of the logic element were brought out to the terminals of the integrated-circuit package.
• The contact point of the dial gauge is ...
подводить и отводить
• When energy must be supplied (or delivered) to and removed (or withdrawn) from the control system, ...
• The second law sums up our experiences with equilibria.
• Section II reviews previous work on optical computing.
• The inner end of the first workpiece is presented to the stationary tools on the headstock.
• A precision orifice is brought close to the surface to be measured.
• The experimental data are fitted to the calculated values.
• Kepler first proceeded to try to fit a theory of Ptolemaic type to the data.
• To fit a straight line to a ...
подготавливать почву для
• The development of the steam engine set the stage for the true mechanization of mining.
• To set the stage for a discussion of ... let me briefly review ...
• An essential preliminary to all these experiments in turning, etc., was accurate control of tool shapes.
. в порядке подготовки к; для подготовки к; обучение
• The material covered in this textbook has been designed to give you an ...
подготовка в области
• These sections contain supplemental information for those who do not have a background in biology.
• The programmer does not require special training in computer techniques.
подготовка почвы для
• Inversions form the essential ingredient in setting the stage for air pollution.
подготовлена почва для
• As atmospheric oxygen continued to accumulate, the stage was set for the initial appearance of eukaryotic cells.
. лучше поддаваться; не поддаваться
• The cell is susceptible to thermodynamic treatment.
• Such polymers are amenable to heat setting ...
• Continental blood vessel defects that are curable by surgery ...
• These diseases are treatable through this approach.
• This disease responds rapidly to treatment.
• The insulin makes possible the maintenance of a relatively constant blood-sugar concentration.
• The process of photosynthesis is also responsible for the maintenance of animal life.
. в котором поддерживается температура; на ... поддерживается постоянная температура
• Hold the drill ...
• A single-phase ac arc is maintained between the tips of two adjustable electrodes.
• In many cases the voltage required to keep the motor running is significantly lower than that required to start the motor.
• The power necessary to maintain a charge-coupled ...
• If one junction is maintained at a known temperature ...
• Cooling water inside the tubes maintains the solution (temperature) at 30°C.
• A high temperature is ...
• Electrical neutrality is maintained by the hydrogen ions.
• Growing clouds are sustained by upward air currents.
• At present the salinity of the oceans is sustained ...
. делить на
• The analogue operation region is divided (up) into distinguishable levels.
• In these cases, water acidified with nitric acid should be used as solvent.
• The solution is then acidified by dilute sulphuric acid.
• This conclusion is strengthened by the evidence ...
• Truly (or Genuinely) homogeneous rock masses are a rarity in nature.
• An industrial robot is designed to pick up (or lift, or raise) heavy sheets of metal from a conveyor.
. выдвигать вопрос
• Cable television has raised a number of issues that remain to be finally resolved.
поднимать до уровня
• The programme brought the rate of copper output to a level commensurate with ...
• When the glucocorticoid level in the circulating blood is elevated, the central nervous system shuts off ...
• This electron cannot escape unless its energy is boosted ...
• The airplane climbed to 60 thousand feet.
• An air-cushion vehicle rises a few feet above the surface.
• Since that time the Great Basin has been elevated about 1.5 ...
• When a uranium compound is brought near the knob of the electroscope ...
• These clouds are produced by the ascent (or lifting) of damp air over large mountain barriers.
• Uplift of land occurs rapidly along many coasts.
. как и
• Similar to the histones, specific phosphorylation enzymes regulate ...
• The generator potential, much like the graded local response, is produced at ...
подобно тому, как
. аналогично тому, как
• Just as poisonous compounds, if handled improperly, can cause accidents, so can radioactive isotopes.
• The computer system can ...
• The anhydrite is placed in water which is steam heated and forms a suspension.
. делить на
• Energy can be classified as potential or kinetic energy, and can be broken down (or subdivided) further into such forms of energy as mechanical, ...
. под этим подразумевается, что
• This term does not imply actual contact.
• We take the word rays to mean ray tubes whenever discussing power.
• We should write not Ψ2 but Ψ*Ψ implying that the probability function is obtained by ...
• By the statement that a matrix is positive definite we mean that ...
. под ... подразумевается
• By a long slug is meant (or implied) one which is long enough to be the subject of a steady-state extrusion.
• This ...
. ближе ознакомиться с
• This type of hydrolysis will be discussed at greater length (or in greater detail) in Chapter 17.
• This is described more fully in ...
. более детально; весьма подробно; детально
• We now investigate this question more closely.
• Examining this sequence more fully (or ...
• This aspect of millimetre wave research will be detailed in a special article.
• These reactions have been studied extensively (or thoroughly, or comprehensively).
подробно ознакомиться с
• In this section we shall take a close look at the nonlinearities commonly found in controlled systems.
• The industrial history file comprises in-depth (or detailed) data on every industrial firm in the state.
подробные сведения о
• That rocket has provided the first comprehensive (or detailed) data (or information) on ...
. более подробный; детальный
• The author gives a comprehensive (or detailed, or thorough, or in-depth) analysis of transport to and from spheres.
• The experimental proof of this violation will shake the foundations of our description of such interactions.
• Direct current was kept constant often for two weeks at a time (or running, or on end, or in succession).
• Soil moisture is frozen for several consecutive ...
• The cost of importing oil has escalated to ... dollars a barrel.
• The coil is connected to a suitable circuit.
• Filters can be switched (or connected) into the circuit.