• Equation () gives the Klein-Nishina global cross section σ, resulting when σΨ is integrated over all directions.
• This result has been arrived at (or obtained) in a number of papers.
• Confirmation of the symmetrical magnetic stripes was gained in the course of oceanographic ...
• The value of has been derived (or obtained) from Eq. (.9).
• The recovery of cadmium in zinc-smelting operations ...
• To obtain the new product much reequipment had to be done.
• For X-ray production (or ...
• A more recent development in data securing (or acquisition, or retrieval) ...
• Formulating the structures of these species ...
• Derivation of an equation.
• This was never considered seriously as a practical method of power generation (or production).
• Nevertheless, what data have come to hand are highly instructive.
• Molecular orbitals like those deduced for benzene can be used as ...
• The size and shape of a casting ...
• The values of .. derived (or obtained) from the above formulae are only approximate.
• "Bitumen" is a term used to designate naturally occurring or pyrolytically obtained substances ...
получить некоторое представление о
• In order to gain some insight into (or get some idea of) the effect of ...
• Some idea (or notion) of ... can be gained from the weight of ...
• Some patients suffered burns over half of the body's surface.
• In order to secure (or obtain) answers with a given level of precision ...
• This design has gained recognition (or acceptance).
• Support reaction does not seem to have received much recognition in the past.
получить широкое распространение в
• The use of jigs and fixtures fabricated from plastic materials has received wide acceptance (or recognition) from industries engaged in ...
. в пользу ... говорит; высказываться в пользу; извлекать пользу из; на пользу человечеству; ...
• More precise tables must be consulted for accurate data.
• For now, we may rely on a set of tabulated equations given in Appendix .
• It is not ...
• One of the reasons why tools did not find favour was a "failure to recognize the role of phase composition".
• For years this hypothesis was favoured (or enjoyed popularity).
пользоваться растущей популярностью
• The digital computer has found increasing favour in real-time applications.
• Another type of relay which is growing in popularity is the dry reed relay.
• The lines of the spectra are identified by reference to frequency correlation tables.
• The machine can be operated above synchronism by interchanging the position of the brushes.
• The motor can be reversed by reversing two of the leads supplying the primary.
поместить ... между
• We interposed (or placed) a nonmagnetic bar between the piston and the sample.
• The size of the ship is no barrier to the application of this principle.
• This is serious handicap (or hindrance) to such a study.
• Radio reception was poor on account ...
• The outer scale is labelled (or marked) "miles".
• Five terminals on the terminal plate are marked (or labelled) L, N, E, N, L ( = line, = natural, = earth).
. в котором размещён; вставлять
• A resistance is inserted between cathode and earth.
• The cabinet may be located (or placed, or positioned, or ...
помещать вместо него
• One can eliminate the laser by substituting a small white lamp at the point where the mercury bead is normally placed.
• A sheet is interposed (or placed, or sandwiched) between the input and output series elements.
• A thin layer of the fluid is confined (or inserted, or sandwiched) between ...
помещать на пути
• The filters are interposed (or put, or placed) in the beam.
• Various thicknesses of some material are placed across a beam of beta rays.
• In front of a telescope are placed two fixed mirrors shown in Fig. 10.
• The new plant will accommodate engineering and processing facilities.
• The amplifier is contained in an aluminium case.
• The welding transformer is enclosed in a cast ...
• A filter is interposed (or placed, or inserted) between the lamp and the lens.
• The column is enclosed in an oven.
• When a hydrogen atom is put (or placed) in an ...
помещён вплотную к
• The source abuts (or is placed directly against) the endface of the fibre.
• The base on which the apparatus rests ...
. в закрытом помещении; внутри и вне помещения
• Excellent laboratory facilities are provided and a variety of equipment is available.
помещённый в центре
• Gases pass from the combustion chamber into a centrally located (or positioned, or disposed) flue.
. кроме; сверх
• There are a number of sizeable satellites apart from the Moon that are large enough to ...
• One of the disadvantages in the use of this ...
помимо всего прочего
• These properties make it possible, among other things, to focus a laser beam to a spot with ...
• The new evidence revealed, among other things, four large volcanic ...
помимо тех, которые
• Amino acids other than those that make up proteins are also present in ...
помимо того, что
• Apart from the fact that chopped carbon fibers provide a stronger filler than most alternatives, the wear characteristics of the component are improved ...
• There are several instances of a fairly well-developed family life, but other than these, little can be found to illustrate any development of societies among the beetles.
. умножать на
• The value of the cross section should be multiplied by the fraction of ...
. в помощь; облегчать положение; при помощи; с помощью
• Each piece of information aids (or helps) the determination of total ...
• These developments furnish insights into the nature of ...
• This information aids (or helps) in the reconstruction of ancient plants.
• This result is helpful in the deduction of ...
• The distribution of salinity in the sea gives a (further) elucidating glimpse into the structure of eddies.
см. оказывать помощь при
• To bring the pressure down to this value, one must ...
• This will heat the thermistor enough to lower (or decrease, or reduce, or diminish, or cut) the ...
USAGE: понижение (антон. повышение) (содержания ... в организме)
• A significant potassium lowering (антон. elevation) ...
• The products have reduced (or lessened) combustibility.
. глубокое понимание; для лучшего понимания
• For reading with comprehension ...
• If we wish to gain a (more penetrating) insight into ...
• In order to (better) appreciate the physical mechanism for ...
• It is easy to perceive (or see, or realize) why the cost is enormous.
• It is ...
• These simplified "visualizations" should not be taken (too) literally.
. не иметь ни малейшего понятия
• In such cases it is convenient to introduce the concept of a train tensor.
• The notion of the atomicity of ...
понятия не иметь о
. не иметь ни малейшего понятия; ничего не знать о
• We have no idea of the answer to these questions.
• One can now appreciate that the planets of the inner solar system occupy only ...
• In order to appreciate the meaning of ...
. один за другим; по очереди
• The gas should be passed in turn through () alkali solution, () sulphuric acid, () ...
• The steel is subject to ...
• Objects caught in (or captured by) a force field ...
. препятствовать попаданию; проникновение в
• To prevent water entering is one of the aims of mine drainage.
• Adhesives seal against ...
. относиться к; проникать в
• Does your product fall into this category?
. оказываться в
• Suppose that points are thrown into the µ ...
попадать в поле зрения
• Each operator controls the cars until they come into the view of the other operator.
• When two objects fall within an observer's view, ...
попадать в фокус
• The image comes to a focus several feet behind the primary mirror.
• When the particle strikes the photographic plate, ...
• The number of molecules that hit a section of the wall per second ...
• If allowed to fall on a red-hot, inert ...
попадать на орбиту
• Some of these comets will be thrown into hyperbolic orbits and be lost from the solar system.
• Only a minor fraction of petroleum products reaching the consumer has not been chemically changed from its original state.
• An operator feeds the rods in pairs onto the charging conveyor.
• The rods are arranged in pairs.
• The stars in a cluster tend to unite by pairs into binary systems.
• The engine is mounted crosswise (or transversely) on the frame.
• The truss is capable of resisting transverse shear.
• A transverse magnetic field.
• The pipes are cut in two.
• The cell breaks in two.
• The fruit is cut in half (or into halves).
• We augment (or supplement) these equations by the addition of ...
• The solution undergoes replenishment (or is replenished) twice.
. вводить поправку на; внесение поправки; вносить поправку на; исправленный на активность
• The ...
• Put very simply, the three-level system has the potential of ...
. быть весьма популярным
• A well-accepted hypothesis maintains that ...
• Let me note in passing that the lighter components do give rise to etchable tracks.
• Retinopathy is often discovered as an incidental finding when examining the fundus ...
попутно отметим, что
• We mention in passing that the radioactive thorium-lead decay series is an important heat-producing system.
• The soluble system has already received passing mention in connection with ...
• An effort must be made to reduce the scatter noise.
. в попытке
• This has led to attempts at dividing the tube into segments.
• Many attempts to mechanize the welding procedure led to ...
попытка не удалась
• Attempts at air sterilization have not been successful in preventing colds.
• century-long effort to understand the structure of ...
• The time is ripe (or It is high time, or It is an appropriate time) to accept this principle.
• One is struck by the similarities between the speculations of 50 years ago and the better-understood concepts of today.
• Several diseases attack the coconut plant.
• The genetic code system is breathtakingly simple.
• It is a striking fact that the system's activity can be evoked by all kinds of stresses.
• The development of missiles ...
поразительно похож на
• The van't Hoff equation bears a striking resemblance to an equation used to represent ...
• The cell wall of a collenchyma cell is its most striking feature.
• This will not impair the dramatic (or amazing) reliability advantages of the ...
• This coupling gives rise to the multiplicity of lines in the naphthalene spectrum.
• Radioactive materials pose a unique problem: they must be stored in such a way that ...
• The phlogiston theory was fallacious.
. вслед за
• Following these two methods, four chemical analysis methods have been tried.
• To overcome the pressure expected following (or after) an accident ...
• This gives, on subtraction, the desired enthalpy value.
после того, как
• Once a given compound has been identified, the analysis is repeated.
• Nowhere in the junction may carrier densities increase or decrease once the dynamic equilibrium is ...
• There is a specific displacement of electrons with a resultant rearrangement of bonds following (or after) which the coenzyme and products dissociate.
• These products are ...
• Production declined rapidly thereafter.
• Thereafter the magnet currents will be held fixed.
. за последние годы
• Those portions of the casting that are last to solidify ...
• In the last-mentioned group these are found in ...
• The two diesel ...
последний из двух
• These coefficients can be found either as ... or as ... ; the latter approach is adopted in Section 35-14.
. нумероваться по порядку
• The glassware was then rinsed successively (or sequentially) with distilled, deionized water.
• The carbon atoms of the ...
. в следующем порядке
• The sequence of processes is intake, compression, addition of heat, expansion, and exhaust.
• The numerals indicate the consecutive ...
. в последовательном порядке; ряд реакций
• Three consecutive five-hour runs ...
• A number of successive measurements are usually ...
. в результате; вызывать опасные последствия; далеко идущие последствия
• The ecological impact (or consequences) ...
. в последующие годы; в последующих главах; и последующий; с последующим
• These problems are discussed in later ...
• The point halfway between the ambilicus and the anterior prominence of the right hip bone ...
• The line drawn midway between the upper and lower surfaces ...
• This includes the formation of estrogen through a series of oxidation and reduction reactions.
• Neutralization of the acid through the addition of (or by adding) ...
поставить под сомнение
• Some recent studies have thrown (or cast) doubt on the ideal treatment of reflection at a plane wall.
• The computer should be given a specific statement of the goal to be sought.
• This method is well suited for the purpose in hand.
поставленный на попа
• The machine looks something like an engine lathe turned up on end, with the faceplate at the bottom and with the work mounted vertically.
поставлять по заказу
• Larger sizes are available on special order.
• Ranges beyond these are furnished (or supplied) on order.
• Such accelerators are now available from a number of commercial firms.
• Normally, stove bottles come with square nuts.
• The pump comes in single, duplex or triplex ...
• The combustion of solids such as coal and wood occurs in stages (or steps).
USAGE: постановка вопроса (проблемы)
• In the definition of problems ...
• Formulation (or Statement) of the problem.
• The difference in temperature levels will be progressively (or gradually) reduced along the length of the unit.
• These values increase in a gradual manner (or ...
постепенно переходить в
• Coastal marshes lie within the tidal zone and grade into fresh-water marshes above sea level.
постепенно уменьшать дозу
• Cimetidine is very effective, but it is best to tail it off when the course has finished rather than to abruptly stop the patient taking it (мед.).
• The progressive removal of a species from solution by precipitation ...
• Intake screens protect the oil pump from foreign material (or substance).
• This design reduces the risk of foreign matter entering the manometer.
• The successive growth stages of dolomite have different amounts of included foreign matter (or foreign inclusions).
• Enclosures are used to prevent unauthorized persons from entering ...
• The input signal should be free of extraneous high-frequency components.
• Extraneous noise sources interfered with antenna evaluation.
USAGE: постоянная (величина)
• "S" is () constant here.
. всё время; всегда; ежедневно; неизменно; непрерывно; неуклонно расти
• The surface of Venus is perpetually (or ...
• The harmlessness of the food colourings to the human system is under constant check by a federal agency.
• A structural member of uniform cross-section ...
. неизменный; оставаться неизменным; поддерживать постоянное ...
постоянный во времени
• The number of particles in any given element is constant in (or with) time (or temporally constant).
постоянный и переменный
• We assume that the pressure and temperature are fixed (or constant) and that only the amounts of the components are variable.
• These assumptions provide the basis for the derivation (or development, or construction) of an interesting theory.
построенный по типу
• Parallel to this psychological theory, and patterned after it, is the anatomical scheme of primary receptive centres.
• Graham's Law of Diffusion postulates (or states) that the velocity of diffusion is inversely proportional to ...
. в ... поступает; подаваться
• The gas arrives at the station.
• The ions arrive at the detector.
• Input signals come from a digital typewriter.
поступать в продажу
. иметься в продаже
• The new device was offered for sale in March.
• The automatic brake will be on the market by spring.
• Some new types of packages have ...
• Air supply is taken from shop air lines.
• These fossils come from widely separated parts of the world.
• The oxides of sulphur come mainly electric power plants.
• The first waves to arrive at a seismometer are compressional waves.
поступать на рынок
. поступать в продажу
• Supplies from outside the U.S. could come (or go) on the market at a much lower cost than ...
• Orders for book manufacturing emanate (or come) from book publishers.
• The input to the processor is derived from a time varying electrical signal.
• Virtually all our energy supply is derived from the Sun.
. под действием собственного веса
• The rods gravitate (down) to an indexing workset.
• A drainage bucket from which the sink products gravitate ...
• One can thus reconstruct the method the brain uses to analyze incoming information about ...
• The output available from the flip-flops ...
• The current drawn from the ...
. отрезать поступление; при поступлении
• The device cuts off supplies of coal.
• The arrival of the ore at the plant ...
• The delivery ...
• If iron filings are sprinkled on a piece of paper held over a bar magnet ...
. восполнять потерю; нести потери
• If the fabric is thoroughly rinsed after washing no loss in tensile strength need be expected.
• Loss in ...
потерять интерес к
• These innovations disengaged any further British interest in hydraulic-motor theory ( Ввиду этих нововведений Великобритания ...
. воздушный поток; возникновение потока; выходящий поток; испускаемый поток частиц
• A mechanical feeder ...
• This wave could be associated with a stream of particles moving with velocity.
• Current, in the form of an electron stream, is drawn from the cathode to the anode.
• The function of the organism and its offspring ...
. ввиду того, что; поскольку; так как
• The stem of arm appears to be invariable in length for (or since, or because, or as) all known sequences ...