• Turbulence dies out (or disappears) gradually as the surface is approached.
• The disturbance created by the diaphragm dies away.
• Civilizations based on irrigation faded ...
• The apparent motion of the stars, with respect to one another as viewed from the Earth, is vanishingly small.
• This means that there may be 103 to 104 as many defunct pulsars as live ones.
• It is not possible here to give an exhaustive account of this reaction.
см. в конечном счёте; подводить итоги
• Certain missile nose cones or portions thereof are coated with ablative material.
. ближайший к; обращённый к; относиться к; прижиматься к; сродство к
• Towards the end of the 19th century ...
к ... добавляется
• This primary cause of pollution is augmented by the pollution that is produced by ...
• To the test material in aqueous solution is added a solution of ... (or A solution ...
к западу от
• The mine is located to the west of the mountain range.
• The Caledonian Geosyncline is terminated just west of Ireland.
• This topography existed at the close (or towards the end) of the Precambrian time.
к концу 19-го века
• Towards the end of the 19th century the use of ... was generally accepted as ... By the turn of the 19th century ...
к которому мы приступаем
• The study of ... , which we now undertake (or to which we now proceed), is in keeping with ...
• By the time of body closure the embryonic neurons must ...
к настоящему времени
. в настоящее время
• By now the general pattern should be clear.
• To review analytical methods and results to date, ...
• On the basis of discoveries ...
к началу века
USAGE: к началу (20-го) века
• By the early (20th) century ...
к нашему удивлению
• Surprisingly, we find that pulse spreading is significantly affected by material dispersion.
• Luckily (or Fortunately), other chemical imprints can help to ...
к тому времени когда
• By the time the negative aperture is closed, the modulator shutters are usually in printing position.
к тому же
. кроме того
• What is more [or Moreover, or In addition (to that), or Besides], short circuiting is eliminated.
к этому времени
• Segmentation is complete on the formation of ... , by which time the germinal plate covers ...
. в каждодневной практике
• The day-to-day operation of the observatory ...
каждому ... . соответствует
• For every contraction mapping ... this equation has a unique solution.
• For every kind of particle there is an antiparticle.
. на каждый; через каждые ... градусов
• Three amino acids are encoded by six codons apiece (or each).
• How many samples of 25.0 mg each could be ...
каждый в отдельности
• Each of the loops is sufficient by itself to deliver 100 percent of the required cooling.
• Although such resonant forces are individually small, ...
• The corrections ...
• These atoms each have six valence electrons (or have six ... each).
каждый из двух
. любой из двух
• Either (of the two) process(es) could initiate a chain reaction.
• The expansion shall be allowed for in the die design for each specific (or individual) application.
. казалось бы
• The duality of origin may be perceived to be more apparent than real.
• The apparent position of a star ...
• If the two diagonal pairs of lights ...
• These fields are always present, even in seemingly perfect crystals.
• This seemingly difficult task turns out to be relatively simple.
как ... , так и
. одинаково необходим для
• Scientists and engineers alike (or Scientists as well as engineers, or Both scientists and engineers) were intrigued by ... ...
как будто бы
• This species will be treated as though it were a well-defined molecule.
• The laser beam spot size increased as if a diverging lens had been placed in the resonator.
• The ...
как будто бы он был
• Where steeply dipping, layered rocks underlie a hillside, the upper edges of the layers are commonly turned downhill as if bent.
• We subtract the two reactions as though ...
как бы велик ни был
• The group velocity is less than the speed of light, however (or no matter how) great the phase velocity (may be).
как бы ни был
• Useful as these measures may be, we are faced with ...
как бы то ни было
• Be it as it may, we certainly know enough to sketch the broad outline of ...
как в случае
• If, as with magnesium, alternating current is used, ...
• The enthalpy of the reaction is (or can be) seen to be equal to ...
как видно из
. как показано на рисунке; как явствует из
• There is but little difference, as indicated by (or in) Fig. 11.
• As the statement indicates ...
как видно из вышеизложенного
• As is evident (or obvious) from (or As evidenced by) the foregoing (account),answers to these questions are ...
как видно из названия
• As its name implies (or indicates, or shows) (or As the name suggests) a pressure gauge is ... .
• The variable arm IV, short as it usually is, has experienced some modifications.
как его стали называть
• The mineral sequences, or Barrovian zones, as they have come to be called, have been recognized in many metamorphic terrains.
. подобно тому, как
• Here, the wet equatorial areas, the rainfall mechanisms are ...
• The boiling point of a pure liquid, like the melting point of a pure ...
как и в
• Again, step 1, the temperature is constant.
• As in wing theory, these components require an increase in blade angle.
• As with all other kinds of theories, the foremost ...
как и в случае
• As for a function of a real variable, the inverse of differentiation of a function of a complex variable is integration.
• As in the case of silver and gold, platinum metals ...
как и должно быть
• This term implies a dimensionless quantity as it must if its logarithm is to be taken.
как и ожидалось
• As (would be) expected, the response is a straight line with a slope.
как и при
• As with (or As in the case of) normal reflection, the fluid is constrained.
• As is the case with myxoedema, ...
как и раньше
• Cytidine is found rarely as before (or previously).
как и следовало ожидать
• As one would expect, Eq. 11 shows that ...
• As would (or could, or might) be expected under these conditions, such engines received primary emphasis.
• As (was to be) ...
как и у
• As with (or As in the case of) thallium, the room temperature ductility of niobium is relatively high.
• As is true of all proteins, so with hemoglobin the charge on the ...
как легко заметить
• As will readily be observed (or As is easy to see), there is no sharp line of demarcation between ...
как можно ближе
• One set of gauges was placed as close to the junction as possible.
как можно было ожидать
• As one might expect, there is a strong general correlation between the two measures.
• The evidence is not as strong as might be hoped for, but it is suggestive.
• As ...
• Incomplete combustion, as in the internal combustion engine, forms smokes.
• Such reactions usually occur in polar solvents, such as water, methanol, or acetone.
как нетрудно понять
• As can be readily appreciated, such contrast information is essential for ...
как ни странно
• Strangely enough (or Strange though it may seem),first experiments employed a shock temperature rise of only 50°C.
как ни удивительно
• Surprisingly, only one unidentified peak with substantial intensity is observed.
как одно целое
• The earth's crust and a significant portion of the upper mantle move together as a unit.
как отмечено выше
. как указано
• As noted (or indicated, or mentioned) above, the lower value is ...
как побочный результат
• A theory of cell respiration has been developed as a by-product of the above-mentioned studies.
как показано в
• For two-dimensional flow, the hyperbolic condition may be obtained graphically, as illustrated (or shown) in Chapter 4.
• As is shown in Sec. 14-3, ...
как показано на рисунке
. как видно из
• The volume varies linearly with the temperature in the manner indicated (or shown) in Fig..
• As illustrated (in Fig. 4), these bearings are ...
как показывает название
. как видно из названия
• This publication, as the title implies, is primarily concerned with ...
• Hydrometallurgical processes, as a rule, are applied to ...
• A field lens is generally placed behind the reticle.
• This reaction is written, as is the convention, as a reduction reaction.
• As is customary, let ξ represent the degree of ...
как раз столько, сколько требуется для
• For the Crab pulsar the energetic electrons produced in this way have energies of 104 electron volts, just right to produce the observed X-radiation from the nebula.
• Reaction mechanisms are not treated here as an end in themselves.
как скоро выяснится
• However, as will soon become evident (or apparent, or obvious, or clear),logic was faulty.
• This machine reportedly operates [or is reported (or said, or claimed) to operate] at a speed of 20,000 cycles per minute.
. сам по себе
• This movement, as such, is not important to the navigator.
• As soon as the crust becomes continuous, ...
• Embryonic development begins as soon as the eggs are laid.
. как отмечено выше
• As already noted, ...
• Adjust the proportional band as in par A.1 above.
• The system should be filled with the fluid as directed ...
как указано в
USAGE: как указано (показано) в
• The width of the -band changes with temperature in the manner shown in Fig. 4.
• As suggested in Fig. 15-2, ...
как указано выше
• As pointed out (or indicated, or shown, or stated, or mentioned) above, ...
• Sodium hydrogen-carbonate precipitates and is treated as noted (or indicated) above.
• As ...
как указано ниже
• However, as noted (or indicated, or remarked, or stated, or shown, or pointed out) later (or below), special low-temperature enamels are fired at 1280 to 1350°F.
• is plotted against (or versus, or vs., or as a function of) .
как часто бывает
• If, as is often the case (or as often happens), a complexing agent is a weak acid, ...
как часто случается
• If, as is often the case (or as often happens), a complexing agent is a weak acid, ...
USAGE: как чисто (на чертежах)
• Mill or grind to clean up (or until the surface "cleans").
как это делает
• Synthetic chelates which absorb and desorb oxygen reversibly, as does hemoglobin, have been prepared in the laboratory.
как это имеет место в
• When the bonding atoms are rigidly positioned around the metal by the organic framework, as (is the case) in the porphins, the resulting increase in stability is unusual.
как это имеет место при
• Vapour-phase dehydrogenation of isoalcohols the preparation of acetone from ...
• If the vertical velocity component is small, as it is in the large-scale motion of the ...
как это сделал
• Consider now, as was done by Debye in 1912, the contribution to ...
как это часто бывает
• Galvanic corrosion results from ... , as is often the case, for example, in hull piping systems.
как явствует из
. как видно из
• As may be inferred [or As is clear (or evident, or obvious)] from the graph ...
• As the data of Table 5-5 suggest, ...
• The refracting ray loses a fraction of its power at each reflection.
• The instrument cannot be used for sharp density changes such as occur at the shock front itself.
каким бы ни казался
• Bright as the future of composites seem to be, there is still a great deal of work to be done.
• Significant as such a factor might seem, it is not as important as ...
• This indicates the manner in which DE varies with flow rate.
• It is necessary to consider more closely the way the two types of microscope produce their images.
каким-либо другим путём
• This device converts electric energy into light, heat, or mechanical energy, or otherwise consumes electric energy as in ...
каков бы ни был
• Whatever (or No matter what) the initial direction of the particles (may be), they will soon be moving perpendicularly to the wave front.
какой бы ни
• Whatever order you use, you will find ...
какой бы он ни был
• Floods can be catastrophic; disastrous as they may be, we must consider them as the expression of natural stream behaviour.
. в каком-либо направлении
• When any(one) cock is opened, ...
• The maximum rate of change of a particular (or a certain) characteristic of the orbit ...
• The hydroxyl proton does not belong to any one molecule but to many molecules.
. в какой-то точке; за какие-то секунды
• At some point on the earth's surface ...
• The screens are calibrated against standard filters.
• The analytical cells were calibrated with known mixtures of ortho- and parahydrogen.
• The changes in temperature ...
• Calibration against a black body radiator ...
• Calibration with a standard solution of ...
• The misapplication of pushbutton and selector switches has been a stumbling block for many control systems.
. иметь канавку; с канавкой; с прямыми канавками
• A tap having three flutes is recommended.
см. добавлять каплями; по капле
• The first shipload of Russian coking coal reached Japan in ...
• The questions at issue for any food additive are whether or not it is necessary and, if so, whether or not it is safe.
см. набросать общую картину
• These trajectories are semi-ellipses tangent to the orbit of the Earth.
• We will not go into (or dwell on) problems which ...
• We have already touched on vapour pressure correlation forms.
. все, кого это касается; ...
• Further interesting information relative to (or regarding, or relating to, or referring to, or concerning, or in relation to, or in respect to) the equation of state may be ...
см. в эту рубрику входят; делить на категории; относиться к категории
. в количественном отношении; высококачественный; доброкачественный
• We can make some qualitative conclusions ...
см. в качестве; высшего качества; использоваться в качестве; критерий качества; служить в ...
• The grade of ore used for copper production has been going downward (or deteriorating).
• A square duct with water in turbulent flow was simulated.
• A two-inch square bar ( со стороной в 2 дюйма ).
• Positive clutches may consist of two or ...
• The ancient Greeks formulated the famous problem of "squaring the circle".
• The angular momentum is quantized in magnitude and direction.
• Alcohols are less acidic than water; aromatic amines are less basic than aliphatic amines.
• Paleozoic seas were swarming with highly differentiated aquatic plants.
см. делиться на категории
• Modern methods of malignancy grading take into consideration mitotic activity, ...
• The classification of human tumours by tissue type is given in ...
. делить на; относить к
• Organic compounds may be categorized according to certain arrangements of atoms.
• Chloramphenicol is classed as an ...
• The polar fluids are rated in order of their available power, toxicity, resistivity, ...
• High-temperature nuts have either an "H" or "A" stamped on the crown for identification.
см. приклёпывать к; склёпывать
. давать ключ к
• A knowledge of these features is the key to planning a liquid-liquid extraction.
• The clues (or keys) to this relationship lie in ...
• The tube is tapered from top to bottom.
. в случае, когда
• The fuel material is cooled as (or while, or when) it passes down through the steam generator.
• Once these operating requirements have been ...
когда он находится
• Aquatic beetles have several accessory structures to aid their respiration while underwater.
когда речь идёт о
• When it comes to moving a piston-engine airplane through the air, there is no alternative to the propeller.
когда это необходимо
• Cold water circulates, when required (or necessary) in the outer jacket carrying away the excess heat.
. в будущем; в какой-то момент
• These are the first hot-headed beryllium fasteners ever produced.
. без колебания; большие изменения
• Fluctuations in climate are considerable in this area.
• The costs remain practically unchanged with wide ...